The Allentown Health Bureau invites the public to a 90 minute session on the HOPE program on Monday, March 14 beginning at 6pm in Allentown City Council Chambers.
Offered by the Center for Humanistic Change, the HOPE program – Heroin Opioid Prevention Education - was developed in response to the growing concern around the heroin and opioid epidemic in Lehigh County and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The HOPE program will help provide answers to:
• What is heroin? What are opioids?
• What are the signs and symptoms of someone using?
• What are the effects of use on health, relationships, and life?
• What are the local resources?
• Where can people go for help?
To ensure that enough materials are available, persons are asked to confirm their attendance by emailing Health Bureau Director Vicky Kistler at Vicky.email@example.com or by calling 610-437-7708.
Prospective attendees are asked to provide a telephone number so they can be reached in case of inclement weather.