Skip to Content
  • Contact Us
  • Text Size - Metro Government of Allentown (Print logo)

Police Records

Police and Accident Reports:

To obtain a copy of an incident report or an accident report, please come to the Traffic door on College St side of 425 Hamilton St building.  All copies are $15.  You shall need cash, check or money order made out to City of Allentown.  Please bring a valid government issued photo ID. Hours are Monday thru Friday from 8am - 330pm.


To file a police report:  New entrance is to the side of 425 Hamilton building, on the College St side.  Parking is on Hamilton St.  This is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  You can also call 610-437-7753 to speak to an Officer.

You can come in person to obtain a copy of a Police report.  Or you can obtain thru the mail.

To obtain a copy of a police or accident report by mail, please send a letter to us with the following information:

  • Name
    Phone Number
    Date of Incident
    Incident Number (if you have this information)
    Location of Incident

Include a check or money order for $15 per report, and made payable to "City of Allentown." A self-addressed stamped envelope is also required.

Mail to:

    Allentown Police Department
    ATTN: Records
    425 Hamilton Street
    Allentown, PA 18101
    Allentown Police Department
    ATTN: Traffic Office
    425 Hamilton Street
    Allentown, PA 18101


NOTE: The US Postal Service is running slowly. Be advised your request may not reach our department in a timely manner. Reports are being processed and mailed daily. Please be patient. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Con efecto inmediato hasta nuevo aviso
Para obtener una copia de un incidente policial o accidente de tráfico, envíenos una carta con la siguiente información:
Número de teléfono
Fecha del incidente
Número de incidente (si tiene esta información)
Ubicación del incidente
Incluya un cheque, giro postal u orden de dinero por $15, este es el costo por incidente o accidente.
EL pago se hace a nombre de la "Ciudad de Allentown". 
También se requiere un sobre estampado con dirección propia del remitente o persona quien está solicitando la copia del reporte.
Enviar por correo a:
Departamento de Policía de Allentown
ATTN: Records
425 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18101
Departamento de Policía de Allentown
ATTN: Oficina de Tráfico
425 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18101
NOTA: El Servicio Postal de los Estados Unidos está corriendo con cierto tiempo de retraso.
Tenga en cuenta que su solicitud puede no llegar a nuestro Departamento de manera oportuna.
Los reportes o incidentes se procesan y envían por correo diariamente.
Por favor, sea paciente. 
Pedimos disculpas por cualquier inconveniente que esto puede causar.
Si tiene preguntas acerca de su incidente policial llame a la oficina de Records al
Extensiones 2314, 2312 o 2227
Si tiene preguntas acerca de su accidente llame a la oficina de Tráfico al 
Extensión 2317
Si desea una copia de un informe de Arresto, comuníquese con el secretario de Derecho (Solicitor’s office) de la Ciudad de Allentown

Police Records receives, processes, and classifies (UCR), distributes and files all police reports generated by the department.   Police Records responds to all requests for information, statistics, and report copies from department personnel, other city bureaus, other law enforcement agencies, insurance companies, citizens, and many other sources.

Police Records is required to maintain the privacy and security of records in compliance with legal requirements, departmental procedures, Municipal Records Act, Freedom of Information Act, and the Criminal History Record Information Act.   Inventory, storage, maintenance, security, and expungement of records also falls under the responsibility of Police Records.

A monthly control, validation, and auditing of reports entered into the CLEAN system is also performed by the Officer in charge of Police Records.

  • Police Reports can be obtained by the public at Police Records, located on the College Street side of the Public Safety Building (425 W. Hamilton St), at the cost of fifteen dollars.  The requirements are that the individual requesting a copy of the police report has to be named on the police report.  Valid photo ID is required by the person requesting a copy of the report.  At this time, reports can be purchased with cash, personal or business checks, and money orders.  
  •  Arrest reports and investigative supplements are not available to the public.  Please contact the Right to Know clerk in Solicitor's Office. 

If you would like to request your criminal history, please read these instructions.

Right to Know: Please see the FAQs for further information.  Download the Right to Know Request Form.

Contact Information
Officer Kim Heffelfinger

Phone: 610.437.7709
FAX: 610.439.5979

For Police personnel related questions, please email or FAX:

FAX: 610.439.5952

For background checks please visit:
Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History Page